Citrix ADC (formerly known as NetScaler ADC) is an application delivery controller that helps optimize application performance, availability, and security. It is a software-based or hardware-based appliance that sits in front of servers and acts as a load balancer, traffic manager, and application firewall.
Citrix ADC uses a variety of techniques to optimize application performance, including content caching, SSL offloading, and compression. It also helps improve application availability by providing high availability and disaster recovery features.
Citrix ADC also offers advanced security features such as web application firewall, DDoS protection, and SSL VPN. These features help protect applications and data from attacks and unauthorized access.
Citrix ADC is used by organizations of all sizes to improve the performance, availability, and security of their applications. It is particularly useful for organizations that need to manage large volumes of traffic and ensure high availability and performance of critical applications.
Citrix ADC Features
- Load balancing: Citrix ADC uses load balancing algorithms to distribute traffic across multiple servers to improve application performance and availability.
- Content caching: Citrix ADC caches frequently accessed content to reduce server load and improve application response time.
- SSL offloading: Citrix ADC offloads SSL processing from servers to improve performance and reduce server load.
- Compression: Citrix ADC compresses traffic to reduce bandwidth usage and improve application performance.
- Application firewall: Citrix ADC offers a web application firewall (WAF) to protect applications from attacks such as SQL injection, cross-site scripting (XSS), and other web application attacks.
- DDoS protection: Citrix ADC provides distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) protection to protect applications and servers from DDoS attacks.
- SSL VPN: Citrix ADC offers SSL VPN functionality to provide secure remote access to applications and data.
- Global server load balancing: Citrix ADC offers global server load balancing (GSLB) to distribute traffic across multiple data centers to ensure application availability and performance.
- Application performance monitoring: Citrix ADC offers application performance monitoring (APM) to monitor and troubleshoot application performance issues.
- Authentication and authorization: Citrix ADC provide authentication and authorization services to control user access to applications and data.
Overall, Citrix ADC offers a wide range of features to help organizations optimize application performance, availability, and security. These features are particularly useful for organizations that need to manage large volumes of traffic and ensure high availability and performance of critical applications.